Founder of the Aspen Valley Wildlife Sanctuary in Rosseau, Audrey Tournay has died. She passed away at the age of 89, November 29, 2019 in Parry Sound.
Tournay was a former teacher, she started a career in wildlife rehabilitation registering the Aspen Valley Wildlife Sanctuary in 1987 after she moved to Rosseau in 1972 from Hamilton.
The Sanctuary is still in existence till today.
In a post on the Sanctuary’s FB page, it was said Tournay first started Aspen in the early 70’s when she received a baby raccoon in need of care.
“Her interest in helping and caring for wildlife turned Aspen into a major wildlife rehabilitation centre that to this day continues to grow,” reads the statement. “As a schoolteacher, she incorporated her love for wildlife into educating the public on co-existing and the value of wild animals to our environment.”
Tournay leaves behind a legacy of thousands of animals that were given another chance for a life in the wild.
- No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away. - Terry Pratchett
- We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. - Chuck Palahniuk
- Death is not the opposite of life, but a part of it. - Haruki Murakami
- That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet. - Emily Dickinson
- It is not length of life, but depth of life. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. - J.K. Rowling
- For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one. - Kahlil Gibran
Use Any Button Below To Share To Others