Calypso Green Turtle Death
We are deeply saddened to share that Calypso, our beloved green sea turtle, passed away unexpectedly Sunday night.
Calypso came to the National Aquarium in 2002, after stranding in the Long Island Sound with an infected left flipper that was later amputated.
Because of this life-saving procedure, Calypso was deemed non-releasable. For nearly 20 years, Calypso thrived at the Aquarium, growing from six pounds at stranding to nearly 500 pounds.
Calypso was in good health throughout her life and displayed no clear signs of illness or distress in the days leading up to her death. At this time, her cause of death remains unknown.
- No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away. - Terry Pratchett
- We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. - Chuck Palahniuk
- Death is not the opposite of life, but a part of it. - Haruki Murakami
- That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet. - Emily Dickinson
- It is not length of life, but depth of life. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. - J.K. Rowling
- For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one. - Kahlil Gibran
Use Any Button Below To Share To OthersJoin Our Social Media Pages. Facebook - DeadDeath1 OR Twitter - DeadDeath_com