Colin Mabwy Obituary
Colin Mawby, a popular U.K. catholic organist, choral conductor and composer, has passed away. Mabwy died on November 24, 2019, at the aged 83.
The Catholic Herald on its website announced the death of Colin Mabwy. His cause of death is not made public.
Chamber Choir Ireland Wrote;
Founder of Chamber Choir Ireland (formerly National Chamber Choir) after the RTÉ Chamber Choir, and solely responsible for the golden choral period in the 1980s in Ireland as Choral Director at RTÉ establishing the RTÉ Philharmonic Choir and RTÉ Cór na nÓg as well as the Chamber Choir.
The excellence in choral music in Ireland would not be what it is today without Colin’s passion for choral education and excellence and his drive to create and grow the choral sector.
Our choral world is poorer at the loss of Colin. We extend our deepest sympathies to his family and close friends.
Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis.
- No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away. - Terry Pratchett
- We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. - Chuck Palahniuk
- Death is not the opposite of life, but a part of it. - Haruki Murakami
- That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet. - Emily Dickinson
- It is not length of life, but depth of life. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. - J.K. Rowling
- For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one. - Kahlil Gibran
Use Any Button Below To Share To Others