The founder of the International Surfing Association (ISA), Eduaro Arena has died. He passed away at the age of 92, in Lima, Peru.
DeadDeath learnt about the death of Eduardo through a Twitter post and tributes.
In Aug 2008, I had the honor of presenting the SIMA Lifetime Achievement Award to ISA founder Eduardo Arena, at the Waterman’s Ball in California. I wore a hand made Inca outfit to honor his Peruvian Roots. He wore black tie… @ISAsurfing pic.twitter.com/N3mfcz5Y6n
— Fernando Aguerre (@FernandoAguerre) December 3, 2019
Arena founded the International Surfing Association (ISA) in 1964 and was an active supporter of the Olympic surfing cause.#eduardoarena #abetterworldthroughsurfing #isasurfing #surf #surfing @isasurfing @FernandoAguerre
— SurferToday.com (@surfertoday) December 3, 2019
The current ISA president Fernando Aguerre made the announcement of his passing.
“It is a very sad day for surfing. Eduardo Arena was a good friend and surfing’ ‘dad.’ Our world would not be what it is if it weren’t for what he did decades ago,” expressed Aguerre.
- No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away. - Terry Pratchett
- We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. - Chuck Palahniuk
- Death is not the opposite of life, but a part of it. - Haruki Murakami
- That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet. - Emily Dickinson
- It is not length of life, but depth of life. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. - J.K. Rowling
- For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one. - Kahlil Gibran
Use Any Button Below To Share To Others