Monday, August 2, 2021

John Glasgow Missing – Found Dead

John Glasgow Missing – Found Dead

John Glasgow’s body was discovered Tuesday not far from where a skull was found in a remote and rugged area of Petit Jean Mountain, closing the initial investigation.

The body — along with a wallet containing a driver’s license and credit card — was found about 9:30 a.m. Tuesday on a shelf of rock about 200 yards south of where the skull was located near Red Bluff Drive. The area is several yards away from the 20-mile-long Boy Scout Trail that loops through the park.

Glasgow’s remains were sent to the state Crime Laboratory for further investigation. Officials are not speculating on a cause of death.

His brother Roger Glasgow said at a family news conference Thursday that he believes his brother’s death was the result of foul play. The recovered skull did not appear at first glance to have any “extensive trauma,” state Parks Director Greg Butts said last week.

Before his disappearance, John Glasgow was reportedly distraught and tensions were high between him and executives of Dillard’s Inc., which owned 50 percent of construction company CDI Contractors at the time. John Glasgow was in negotiations, along with other CDI executives, to purchase the half of the company that had become available after the death of the company’s co-founder, Bill Clark.

State Crime Laboratory Director Kermit Channel said pathologists will now meticulously study the skeletal remains.

“We will use X-rays and other techniques to do a full examination. It will take some time and effort to look for any abnormalities that they may be able to see,” Channel said.

“It may take quite a while. Typically with skeletized remains, depending on how many were recovered dictates how long the examination will take.”

Roger Glasgow said at last week’s news conference that funeral services would be scheduled once the search was concluded. Calls to the family were not immediately returned Tuesday.

Smith, who has been involved in the search for John Glasgow since he was first reported missing in 2008, said the end of the search has brought closure to the investigators involved.

“Most of all, what was really driving us was the family, bringing closure to them,” Smith said. “We weren’t able to do that for seven years. Hopefully, this will finally bring the peace they need.”

If you have an any concern on this publication, do not hesitate to send us an e-mail via [email protected]

Get Death News On Facebook Pages DeathInfo | NoMoreDeath | DeadDeath | SocietyAlert | Death - Obituary Sitemap

You May Say A Prayer | Leave A Tribute

Most Popular