Renowned jazz guitarist, Vic Juris has died on Tuesday morning, December 31, at the age of 66. Juris’ cause of death is said to be cancer.
Vic Juris passed away after battle with liver cancer. He was diagnosed with the metastatic liver cancer 6 months ago, after unexplainable fatigue on his gigs.
Vic Juris, a jazz guitarist of astounding abilities perhaps best known for his 23-year tenure in David Liebman’s band, died Tuesday morning, according to a message on his Facebook page attributed to his friend and fellow guitarist Dave Stryker.
Social Media Reacts To Vic Juris’ Death:
“Jazz guitarist Vic Juris passed away this morning after a bout with cancer. Vic played with Richie Cole for a while in the late 70’s on his gigs at John and Peter’s and Central NJ. Dave Stryker posted this on his page, but it can’t be shared:
This is Dave Stryker on Vic’s page. I am sorry to report that Vic Juris passed away this morning. Vic will live on through his music, as a beautiful person and through his many students. Information on arrangements will follow.”
“Posted this morning by guitarist Dave Stryker: “This is Dave Stryker on Vic’s page. I am sorry to report that Vic Juris passed away this morning. Vic will live on through his music, as a beautiful person and through his many students. Information on arrangements will follow.”
“Vic was a pillar of the New York area jazz guitar community: an accomplished, creative and inspiring player, educator and person. His humility, work ethic, generously uplifting and humorous spirit, and deep insights about music influenced so many people, as did the elegantly probing beauty of his playing.”
- No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away. - Terry Pratchett
- We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. - Chuck Palahniuk
- Death is not the opposite of life, but a part of it. - Haruki Murakami
- That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet. - Emily Dickinson
- It is not length of life, but depth of life. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. - J.K. Rowling
- For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one. - Kahlil Gibran
Use Any Button Below To Share To OthersJoin Our Social Media Pages. Facebook - DeadDeath1 OR Twitter - DeadDeath_com